Skip to content
Best acoustic guita...

Notifications
Clear all

Best acoustic guitar for around $200.00?

15 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@pilot7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What acoustic guitar would you recommend that sells around $200.00?

(@sagaciouskjb2)
Estimable Member

Well, I just got a Art and Lutherie Wild Cherry guitar. It's very beautiful, and you can get it in a variety of different colors, made from Canadian Wild Chery, and has a model with a cutaway. It came with Godin strings that are quite nice, and the sound is great. It's my frist acoustic guitar, but comparing it to some of the guitars in the place at the same price of $230, including Fender and Jasmine, it really out-plays either of them.

It's made by a company named Godin, who actually make the guitar parts for a lot of different guitar companies int he U.S., and the same people make Seagul guitars, too.

(Model Info)
(Harmony Central Review Page)
The dealership I bought from normally sells them for $230, but it was on sale here for $199 for Christmas.

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

My first guitar was a Olympia OD3. Olympia is owned by Tacoma (which I believe was recently purchased by Fender). I tried several Olympia models at a Guitar Center. For the price, I liked them all. They ran anywhere from $130 to $220.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

And look for a good deal on a used guitar. You can probably get more guitar for your money that way.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@pilot7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@minorkey)
Reputable Member

Those are nice looking guitars, seems to be a trend for colored guitars at the moment(would love a purple one!)
My guitar is a Fender that cost £100 dead!(about $150). Have read a lot of good reviews about it too!

If I go blind guide me. If I go deaf shoot me
http://mymusictree.blogspot.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I have heard really good things about Seagull. They run 300 bucks but I have been watching e-bay auctions and if you are patient you can get a used one for around 200.

Right now I have a Dean Performer SE, which I like a lot, is a work of art, very easy to play but it runs over 300 and I do not see many used on the market.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

I second the Art and Luthrie guitar.When I was looking for a cheap camp fire guitar is was defininatley the best one I played.

ReplyQuote
(@minorkey)
Reputable Member

I like Seagulls, nice guitars, and eco friendly too!

If I go blind guide me. If I go deaf shoot me
http://mymusictree.blogspot.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

I got my Seagull (the S6 Folk, the same one David Hodge apparently uses for the mp3's on his lessons) brand new for $229 almost two years ago. It was in February, so it might have been discounted after the holidays.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

Slydog

Wow, thats a great deal. I paid 290.00 for mine march of last year. I search for two months on the net and that was the best price I found. Still worth every penny though.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

What internet dealer sells them(seagull or art & lutherie)??? Ive try music123, musiciansfriend, sweetwater, and ive tryed googleing it. all i got was the manu factors site and some funky ritish sites. :?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

yoyo286,

Before you order off the internet, try dealers page first.
http://www.seagullguitars.com/dealerlist.htm

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

IMHO I will re-iterate the praise for Godin guitars, they are very highly regarded, but I would put Alvarez on the check out list as well, and maybe a Washburn too.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member

I believe Yamaha sells a solid top guitar for 200.

ReplyQuote