Notifications
Clear all

blackbird

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smurfwarrior)
Topic starter  

who knows the picking pattern for blackbird by the beatles? anyone? im desperate here

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

There's a great arrangement in David Hodge's lesson:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/blackbird/

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@smurfwarrior)
Topic starter  

i dont know how to read music or tabs

ReplyQuote
 Dgar
(@dgar)
Eminent Member

You might want to search for a lesson on reading tab ( google or the search function here at GN can be your friend)... I'm not great at reading tab but if I take my time I can usually figure it out, actually Blackbird was one of the first songs I attempted using tab, you can do it give it a shot.

Great song to fingerpick, not too hard and it will have you playing from the first to the twelth fret.

Best of luck.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The diagrams in the lesson tell precisely which fingers to use, on which strings, at which frets.

Example:

What other types of "picking patterns" were you looking for?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

you should learn to read tab. it's very simple. Then try Blackbird. It's a fun song to play.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Definitely learn to read tab. You won't get too far without it!!! (Unless of course, you can read standard musical notation.) David's lesson on Blackbird is pretty simple.

For example.... the first verse of David's lesson....

The numbers represent the fret that you press and/or play..... 0 means to play that string without fretting. For the first note you would place a finger on the third fret, 6th string (Low E), but you will pluck both the 6th string and the 2nd string (even though you have no finger there). Then you would play an open 3rd string by itself, then you would place a finger in the 1st fret on the 2nd string and play it AND the open 5th string at the same time. Then the open 3rd string again by itself. Then place a finger in the 3rd fret, 2nd string AND a finger in the 2nd fret, 5th string and play both at once, followed again by the open 3rd string by itself.

It's really simple.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@smurfwarrior)
Topic starter  

thank you guys for all of your posts they were all equally helpful:) if i ever have a problem again ill be sure to post here

ReplyQuote