Clear all

Body Shape

49 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well I read a guide to buying guitars. It was written by Gibson so a lot of it was them bragging about their stuff. But now that I know what all those specs (body material, pickups) mean. So unless they are flat-out lying, then the Flying V is an amazing piece of work. Not to mention the Life Time Warranty. Which means they are confident in their instruments and figure I'll fall apart before the guitar does. So as soon as I have the money, that thing is mine!

Though the amp I'm looking at, that being the Spider II, only has a 1 year warranty on it. So I wonder if they expect it to have problems after a year or so. Though guitarists in recording bands use them, so now I'm conflicted......

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

be careful about warranties.
I have not read either of the warranties on the gear your looking at but most lifetime warranties cover defects in material or workmanship and if you read closely it may mention something about electronics being covered seperately or for a shorter term.
The Line6 warranty? I can't speak for amp warranties but electronics in general are usually 1 or 2 years.
Depending on where you buy it you may be able to purchase an extended full replacement warranty if you are concerned.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ahh ok. I'll look into it more then. It's sad, I've already put more research into buying a guitar than I did when buying my car.......

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ahh ok. I'll look into it more then. It's sad, I've already put more research into buying a guitar than I did when buying my car.......
Perfectly normal, that was just a car this is a Guitar!! :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4