Clear all

Broken string ?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

When i try and bend my high E (1st string) past the 15th fret the hardly any sound comes out the further up the fretboard i go the worse it gets, before the 15th fret its fine. The strings on the guitar are about 2 months old and are rotosound pinks so their good quality, any ideas ?

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Are you sure the frets are properly finished and the strings aren't too close to them?

ReplyQuote
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

They sound ok when i play anything but a bend

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Could it be you are pulling back too hard on the neck when you do your bend?

I think that would pull the strings closer to the frets, unwantedly anyhow. Wow, that was a new word. :shock: unwantedly. hmmmmm. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

What about the other strings at the 15th and above? The B string for instance. Frets get pretty narrow up there. Are you sure your fingers are not encroaching on the fret itself and muting the string?

MIke

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Are you using the neck pickup? If you bend, you are moving the position of the string in relation to the pickup magnet. The higher up the neck, the sharper the angle. It's possible that, at the furthest point in the bend, the string is directly between pole pieces.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well the other strings bend fine. I tried went and had ago to see if i could anwser your questions but it was fine a little quite but fine. This has happend before it comes and goes so i think its my technique. Have you any tips on bending that far up the fret board or is ti the same as lower down ?

ReplyQuote
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I found out the problem 8). one of the screws wrom my pick ups was stickig out higher than it should be and muting the string ! thanx for your help.

ReplyQuote