Skip to content
buying first electr...

Notifications
Clear all

buying first electric guitar: need suggestions...

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@danicotra)
Topic starter  

Hello guys,
I began playing a classic guitar several years ago.
I'm not an experienced player -never had real lessons, learned all from books- but I'm so in love with rock music that I was considering buying an electric guitar.
I like very much David Gilmour's style (I love songs like marooned and echoes) and so I thought about buying a Fender Stratocaster but I heard some people saying that the standard model (MIM without changing the standard pickups) isn't that good for the money it costs and that I could get good results buying a less expensive Squier. Since I can't afford too expensive stuffs (my budget is about 400$) I began to look at Squier's web site.
I noticed that there are packs with guitar+amp wich are not so expensive, in particular I was looking at theese two (since I noticed pick-ups are disposed like Fender's):
1. Squier Affinity Strat Special Pack
2. Squier SE Special Pack
Then, of course, there are also Standard (NON FAT) Squier Stratocasters, Bullet Stratocaster and, finally,
Squier Deluxe Stratocaster mounting pickups disposed in the same way which I think are better (they cost same or more than the two packages but came without the amp... anyway I don't think the amps in the packs are so good and I don't care about it...)
I'm not so experienced at choosing an electric guitar: do theese stuffs are good enough to start (enjoyng) playing and worth the cost?
Which are the differencies between the models I listed? (I've been only able to learn that the SE and Deluxe don't use the 60's large headstock)
And what about Squier in general, is it a good choice? What would you suggest me? (I'm a beginner afterall, do I really need a Fender to start?)

Thank you in advice pals!