Clear all

Can You Play Guitar

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@have-mercy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

If all you know is the treble staff E G B D F? is there a song with those notes? and if there is, the guitar has 6 strings that only 5 notes... incase there is please give it...and why do we learn space notes how can we play those?

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

...uhm... seems to me you have been confused for no reason (unless this is a troll)

why would you like to play a song with EGBDF? There is no big deal to infer that the notes in between are FACE, and moreover, whether the notes are on the lines or between is 'kind of' random - i.e. we decide that the note on the second line is and g and go from there -with a bass clef or a viola clef or your own invented clef, this could be different. Also if you add ... dunno what they are called in english, the extra lines over the 5, you will see that the next note on a line is a, and then there is c, and then you have all of them.

How to play the notes in between?
Start on the low E string (6th)
First fret:F
Third fret G
Fifth fret A
7th fret B
8th fret C
10th fret D

play more and worry less!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

play more and worry less

lars

Those are five words to live by!

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

HM:

Sounds like you need to start at the beginning. Rather than trying to find a song that only has in it the notes on the lines of the treble clef, instead learn ALL the notes on the guitar fretboard and then find out where they appear on the treble clef.

Good luck,

CFB

ReplyQuote