Notifications
Clear all

Classifying the Blues

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

There is another great and influencial guitarist from Kansas City.

Chuck Berry

And while I don't think most think of Berry as a Blues player, he certainly had a lot of Blues chops. But Berry also infused Swing, Jazz, Country, and Rockabilly into his playing.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Chuck is actually from St. Louis Missouri. I dont have an encyclopedic knowledge of his work, but the material that I have heard sounds more like a rock & roll-ish, chicago blues mix. He was into so many other things. I dont know if he would really belong under the KC blues style.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Trying to get alot deeper into the Blues.
Geoo

Well, then you probably want to spend some time at this web site, specificially listening to the 13 part radio series.

Among other things, you'll hear interviews with people who learned by watching Robert Johnson play.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Great website. Thanks

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2