Clear all

Completely new to guiar/music

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@huntman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi, i just started to learn a few days ago and was wonderin how my fingertips should feel? i just been workin on makin a couple chords sound good and wow the feeling in my tips. they are sore but feel a little numb and i was curious if thats normal. any comments greatly appreciated.

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, it is normal. You will develop your calluses in a few weeks and you will not have that feeling. Keep playing!

And welcome to GN!

ReplyQuote
(@huntman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you. i knew they would get sore but wasnt sure about the wierd feeling. i'll be practicing everday

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

All as you would expect...look back over the many many many posts on the subject. If the pain/numbness/burning becomes too much to bare then take little break. Calluses eventually form and grow deep into the skin over time...its a bit like wearing new shoes.....they may well rub on your ankles and you hate them but they eventually become your favourites :D

you will be posting about aches and pains in your hands/wrist/back etc next week :wink: all due to the new shoe syndrome :roll:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@huntman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry all. I guess i should have searched that topic before making a post for it. Thanks for the replies though

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Sorry all. I guess i should have searched that topic before making a post for it. Thanks for the replies though

No harm done. :)

Ya, it will take a bit, but you will work though it. And after they come.. and you think you have it licked..... then you will start doing bends and find out that you need to go through it all agean. :D :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Reasurance given to other people is never quite the same :)

ReplyQuote