cool tough songs (not too hard)

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey,

I've been working on Metallica's Fade to Black lately. Both the lead part and the "rhythm". The 2nd guitar part (at least in the version I have) is a kinda slow arrpeggio.

--------------------------
--------------------------
-----0--------------------
---2---4---4---4---------
-4-------2---5------------
---------------------------

etc.. very cool sounding and pretty easy. I'd highly recommend working on it for any beginner /intermediate kinda player.

Anyway, I'm looking for ideas on other cool, tough sounding songs that are based on kinda slowish arpeggios. Hopefully something familiar. Metallica, GnR, Skid Row, or someone else like that.

Thanks all

(@niklas)
Reputable Member

I think the perfect thing for you would be the intro to Guns'n'Roses "Sweet Child of Mine". A bit tricky when you're starting out, but cool sounding. There are also something like 4 guitarsolos to try out in that song, all with great melody instead of just speed.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Seconded Niklas, Sweet Child 'O Mine was the first "tough" song I attempted after getting comfortable with the basics; tough at first, but cool sounding, and when you get it down it makes you feel a real sense of progress! :)

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys,

I've got the sheet music. I'll start digging in. That string skipping in the beginning will definately be a challenge.

I also thought about Patience and Civil War from GnR.

BOS

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Slither - Velvet Revolver

Nice lick that you play in different positions.

ReplyQuote