Notifications
Clear all

D answer ?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@scotte)
Topic starter  

When playing the D cord I could never get a good sounding Hi E useing my middle finger & I tried everything the book said so I switched fingers--- the index finger on Hi E & the middle finger on G & ring or pinky on B & it works for me ---
Also makes it easy to move to DM -- Just move the index hi E up towords the neck 1/2 step or 1 fret

Or am I missing something ?

1998 Fender Strat MIM
2012 Epiphone SG

Marshall 10 watt amp
Line 6 Spider 75 watt amp

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

that sounds like it would be uncomfortable unless the wrist was twisted, which means you're facing the fretboard up towards you. once you get used to playing, you won't need to look at your hands and it'll face outward, and it'll be easier to play it normally.

ReplyQuote
(@scotte)
Topic starter  

I think it's my fingers -- I have a long fat middle finger & a short skinny index funger -- but it works for me.
that was a problem cord for me ( D ) & now I think I have it fixed as well as A cord -- I barr 2 strings & use another finger for the B string -- It took this book to find out that I can make thease changes.

1998 Fender Strat MIM
2012 Epiphone SG

Marshall 10 watt amp
Line 6 Spider 75 watt amp

ReplyQuote
(@apparition)
Trusted Member

There is nothing wrong with fingering a chord different from the standard, and I've seen many guitarist play a D just as you've described. I try to learn as many ways to finger a chord as possible because different fingerings can help with transitioning to different chords. One song I play goes from d to bm. After that it is all bar chords. When playing this song a bar the e, b, and g: strings on the second fret with my index finger and place my middle finger on the b string third fret to form a d chord because it's a smoother transition to b minor.

ReplyQuote