Notifications
Clear all

epiphone les paul

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Sorry, but to buy a standard Epi instead of a Gibson is to buy a cheaper guitar made of different materials. Which, if you are happy with it, is fair enough. They do sound half decent and they certainly aren't junk.
To buy a high-end Agile or Epi Elite instead of the Gibson, that's ignoring the name. The Agile more so of course.

On the other hand, the mid level Epis and Agiles are comparable and if I lived in the states, I'd certainly try the Agiles.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sorry, but to buy a standard Epi instead of a Gibson is to buy a cheaper guitar made of different materials. Which, if you are happy with it, is fair enough. They do sound half decent and they certainly aren't junk.
To buy a high-end Agile or Epi Elite instead of the Gibson, that's ignoring the name. The Agile more so of course.

....and then there's the argument that the name brands get the better cuts of wood, better pickups, etc.

The point is, there's no winning.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2