Notifications
Clear all

Fade to Black solo Rhythm figure

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@regien)
Topic starter  

Can someone please tab out the Fade to Black Rhythm figure for the solo? Trying it by ear, and it doesn't sound right. I would really appreciate it if someone could do this, and no complicated chords, please, I'm a beginner.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hi Regien and welcome to Guitar Noise :D

You can find many songs like this in our Easy Song Database, however this one was not in there. As far as being easy, well, you have to play the riff like it is, whether it is easy or not. But this one is pretty easy. Let me explain it a little, that might help.

It is a four measure riff, played with a straight eighth note feel. So the count is one & two & three & four &. You start out with a little power chord holding the B note on the A string with your index finger, and the F# note at the fourth fret of the D string with your ring finger. You also play the open G string. Then you have to stretch out your pinky to play the D note at the 5th fret of the A string. You maintain the two note power chord when you do this. That is the first measure.

On the second measure you simply lift up your index finger, but continue to hold the F# note on the D string with your ring finger. Again, use your pinky to play the D note at the 5th fret on the A string.

The third measure is exactly like the first measure, so place your index finger back down on the B note again.

The fourth measure is different. Hold the C# note at the 4th fret on the A string with your ring finger. Hold a mini barre over the E note at the 2nd fret on the D string as well as the A note at the 2nd fret on the G string with your index finger. On the fourth beat of this measure, simply pick up your ring finger off the C# note on the A string, but maintain your little barre at the 2nd fret on the D and A strings.

I have probably made it sound difficult, it is not, just takes a little practice. Work on 4 notes at a time and you will get it. After these 4 measures it just starts all over and repeats again.

e-------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------
g--------0-----------------------0----------------
d-----4-----4-----4-----4-----4-----4-----4-----4-
a--2-----------2-----5-----0-----------0-----5----
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &
i r r i r p r r r r p r

b-------------------------------------------------
g--------0-----------------------2----------------
d-----4-----4-----4-----4-----2-----2-----2-----2-
a--2-----------2-----5-----4-----------4-----0----
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &
i r r i r p r r i i i r i i

That's the four measures, just repeat them over and over.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@regien)
Topic starter  

*headdesk*
I'm an idiot... I forgot to spectify which solo, I forgot that there's two solos... And I'm afraid to ask too much of the people here, and be disliked, so I might come off as clumsy... The solo that I meant was the solo at the end, that just fades out...

ReplyQuote