Notifications
Clear all

Fret Fingering

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@contessor)
Topic starter  

Man, I got to tell you it hurts to play for more than an hour. I have been playing for about six months and have been playing quite well. Blackbird, Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, Crash...can play those mostly flawlessly. But even after six months my fingers hurt like blisters and can't play for the next two days. Also I have shorter hands and find C chords the hardest to play. Any advice? I don't know maybe its my guitar, but I have to push very hard to get any sound from the first fret.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Based on you saying that you have been playing regularly for 6 months and that it is hard to press the strings at the first fret then I believe that you may need a setup on the guitar.

Take a look at the "basic setup" page on my site below and take the measurements. If it is off then you can either try the setup steps and adjustments yourself or take it to a qualified service technician to have it set up.

It is a worthwhile investment to have it set up correctly so you get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

And welcome to the asylum for the musically insane!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

And welcome to the asylum for the musically insane!
Good thinking. I always forget to mention that.

Welcome to GN

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote