Clear all

Fret problem

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

In my school, in a music lesson today, a bass guitar fell on my electric. A string broke, i didnt get too upset. I vent home as a completely happy person, got home, took the axxe out of the case, and noticed that some high frets have been dented by the hit of the strings. They are thin, and quite deep as well. Im very upset, and don't know wat to do. ive kinda cried as well. The dent are so deep, it makes it hard to bend some strings. What should i do? Am even scared to tell dad because hell tell me that i shoulsnt have put my guitar there. What should i do?

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member

Frets are replacable. I don,t know how much it cost, and tell were dad right away he's going to find out sooner or later.

"The answer is practice.
Now, what's the question?"
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Individual fret replacement, usually between 10-15$ per fret. Frets are an easy fix. If the fingerboard itself is seriously damaged, that's something else, but frets are no big deal.

A bass dented your frets? Did it get dropped off a balcony onto your guitar? Seems like it would take quite a bit to damage the frets like that.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

He might have cheap fretwire from the factory that's softer than what a replacement would be. I could sorta see how the fret would dent if one of those big honking tuning pegs did it.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote