Notifications
Clear all

Gmaj7

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

but if you fingerpick a C right after it it sounds perfect.

I forgot to mention, I generally picked that chord.

It also goes well with a first position G w/the added D on the B string (strummed), then drop into the maj7th(strummed) I was talking about.

I gotta go change the thermostat in my truck.

later.....

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the information :)

I play the G7 chord in the song: Autumn Leaves, and the chord progression at the beginning is:

A7 - Gmaj7 - D7

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Clau20, you may want to edit your post to read Gmaj7 or GM7. A G7 is a different chord. Just don't want people to get confused. I just looked that song up via Google. Some nice chords.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

That Gmaj7th also sounds good going into a D chord.

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Clau20, you may want to edit your post to read Gmaj7 or GM7. A G7 is a different chord. Just don't want people to get confused. I just looked that song up via Google. Some nice chords.

I correct it :)

So you looked at the song on google, maybe you could help me...

When I want to learn a song, I tried to get the chord progression first, and after, I listen to the song and try to get the beat and strumming pattern of it... I got the chord progression now, but can't get the strumming pattern of that song...

The only audio file I listened from that song, I didn't hear too much chords... It was more the melody that was playing and I still have difficulties of getting the strumming pattern of a song like that...

And by the way, I'm not used to Jazz music style...

So do you have a idea of what will be the strumming pattern for the following chords?

A-7 (A minor 7) / D7 / Gmaj7 / Cmaj7 / F#-7 b5

Thanks if you can help!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

My friend, I gotta say I have zero experience in playing Jazz. Why? I find it very difficult compared to rock or metal. Further, I don't much like it. That is except Steely Dan if you consider that Jazz. I'd rather some of our more experienced members help you with that. I know many members here could really help you!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2