Notifications
Clear all

Guitar neck adjestment mistake

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@liamaustin7v)
Topic starter  

Hi guys - first post here and im not sure its in the right place. I have an ibanez jem 70v and the high E string was way too close to the neck, so I read that loosening the screws on the bolt-on neck joint and moving it slights could resolve the issue. Being the idiot that I am, after undoing the screws a half turn (wasn't enough relief to move the neck) I undid them completley, with the strings on and still tuned to full tension.

After my mistake, I tightened them again, moving the neck to the correct position in the process. It has snapped back into the pocket fine, the guitar stays in tune, and there are no cracks I can see.

Have I damaged the guitar in any way? Where should I check? I realise this is such a silly thing to do to such a lovely guitar.

Any help/reassurance would be much appreciated.

Liam

(@alangreen)

You've probably got away with it, but we can now say we've seen everything.

But - why didn't you start by raising the bridge saddle for that string? They're all individually adjustable.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote