Clear all

Guitar Pro software

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Does anybody here use it and if do you like it? I've been playing around with it for a few weeks and think it's pretty neat.

(@blackrat)

Hi,
I have just bought it and although I have installed it I have only had a chance to quickly look through it. What I saw looked good, so its good to hear you say you rate it.

I don't have a teacher, so I am hoping this will give me a good start and get me playing.
Blackrat
Does anybody here use it and if do you like it? I've been playing around with it for a few weeks and think it's pretty neat.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Make sure you check out the speed trainer. Also if you don't have any files for it yet I have like 28,000 of all kinds of stuff and some of it is note for note the exact transcription of the original.

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

I got it, installed it, used it and didn't think much of it really. Perhaps I'd better have a proper look at it if you guys think it's neat, I didn't really have a real good look at it, so maybe I just gave up on it too quick

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@beetleman)

Don't forget to go to "mysongbook.com" lots of downloadable songs on that site with lessons and trainers all for free.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It kicks major butt. Huge song databse, awesome for jamming a song without the guitar part active, usefull phrase trainers and whatnot.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Yeah, it is a great program. Love the slow down feature, and its just much easier to use than Powertab (for reading tabs, not neccesarily for writing). However, the website http://www.mysongbook.com has become very ..uh, crappy, in the past couple of months. Tons of adds (the annoying ones that block part of the screen, and others that you have to click "skip") and sometimes pages don't work, or they're getting too much traffic. That stuff gets annoying, where as 'powertab' doesn't have any of those problems.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Use ad-blockers, should fix most of that crap. The MySongbook server is indeed crap though..

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

I've been using it for years to write: sure everything is step-by-step so it doesn't sound like real musicians playing, but it lets you lay down serious basic tracks to be used as guidelines. It also gives you a chance to hear an approximation of what your songs would sound like if played by a band.

ReplyQuote