Notifications
Clear all

Guitar tracks

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@beardking)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know of any way or any place to get MP3's or WAV files of songs with the guitar tracks seperate from the rest of the recording? I.E., just the rhythm guitar in Alice in Chains - Man in the Box?

I've been trying to listen to songs while messing around with the tab and all the extra info just keeps confusing me.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but.
I picked up a book at Guitar Center. It is a play along book.
It comes with a CD that has 2 tracks for each song in the book.
One track is the part you are suppose to play the other track is the rest of the band minus your guitar part.
I am curious now how many books are in this series.

ReplyQuote
(@deadhead420)

I have basically a full recording studio in my room... and one of my mixers has a way to slice parts of songs out so you can take out vocals, lead, bass, w/e. No clue where you could find a program or anything...

"Haha Duuude, you said crank... and then, you said shaft..." -The Great Philoshipher Zane.

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Try http://www.guitarbt.com

They have a ton of backing trackings.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Misselman,

I have the same books I think. They are by Hal Leonard and the Alice in Chains song is in one of the books I have.

There's about 20 different books in a bunch of different styles with about 8 or so songs on the CD.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

I just re-read your post, and realized you wanted the track WITHOUT all the drums ect..

I don't know of any website that does that, Sorry

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I've been trying to listen to songs while messing around with the tab and all the extra info just keeps confusing me.

I understand what you are saying. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on that one part you are working on BUT, I think it will help you in the long run to keep playing along to the CD.

Another option: Have you tried PowerTab Editor? It is basically a midi guitar tab of the song without to much going on in the backround.

Good luck and have fun!

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

I think there are software for this, try looking at Apple's (if you a Mac person), download site. And or http://www.versiontracker.com . Or http://www.download.com .

These sites all have some sort of music category. So you might find something that will strip out the other instruments.

If not, try just using the equalizer in your mp3 player on your computer, just lower all the eq except for the guitar parts. It won't get rid of the instruments all together, but will mute it a bit.

ReplyQuote