Skip to content
Has anyone tabbed t...

Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone tabbed this Brooks & Dunn song?

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Play Something Country by Brooks & Dunn has an AWESOME riff that repeats throughout the song and I would LOVE to learn it! I haven't seen it on any of the tab sites yet and was wondering if anyone here plays it?

Thanks

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

It looks like Country Tabs has it. I didn't register (which you must do to get the tabs), but they've got it listed. Might want to check it out.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

It looks like Country Tabs has it. I didn't register (which you must do to get the tabs), but they've got it listed. Might want to check it out.

Jason

Thanks crank...but are you sure its not just the lyrics? I have seen several site with the lyrics...

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

There's another country site something like cowpile.com that has a lot of country tabs.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Jason

Thanks crank...but are you sure its not just the lyrics? I have seen several site with the lyrics...
Mike, it's a TAB site so it should be tabs. Free to register so go for it

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I was going to register, but I've been so busy at work today I haven't had the chance. Plus our Internet has been slow today (my company goes through Houston for our access, and everything has been crazy down there). I believe the file did have a .tab extention though, and as Nils said it's free to register. I'm going to sign up tonight at home though, so I'll look then.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well I joined with the free membership but there is also a premium one. There is supposed to be popup ads but I use firefox and it stops them. You can only get 45 tabs per month so make sure you know what you want to get. Also you can't copy or paste with the free membership...I think if you disable javascript in your browser you can get around this...so I used a screencapture program to take a picture of the tab. Plus you can't access the printable versions of the tab...

A lot of limitations but they do have a TON of tabs..

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

OK...I think I got it...I didn't add the vibrato and I think I can tweek the sound a bit more but I think it's close...Let me know what you think...it's just the main riff...

Play Somethin' Country

Here is the tab I used:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

well either no one here likes Brooks & Dunn or I just plain SUCK! :shock: :shock: :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

well either no one here likes Brooks & Dunn or I just plain SUCK! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Both? :D Joking man. I've not heard this song by Brooks and Dunn so I haven't anything to compare to. Although the clip didn't sound bad.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I dont like the song much, but I do like the dancers in the video. But your guitar sounds pretty much like the song. I think I would play it using the second and third strings instead of just the third. Would be less hand movement.

Sounds good

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think I would play it using the second and third strings instead of just the third. Would be less hand movement.

Sounds good

Geoo

Thanks everyone...geoo, what do you mean? The tab I have only has the third string. There is one other tab that uses 2 strings but several people said it isn't as good. Plus it is ALOT more challenging to play. To go through all that and find out it sounds terrible :x :x !

If you know of another way I am all ears!

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Hey Mike. No one said it soounded bad. It actually sounded pretty good. The suggestion was to play the 2 string version which may be easier to play and sound even better.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey Mike. No one said it soounded bad. It actually sounded pretty good. The suggestion was to play the 2 string version which may be easier to play and sound even better.

I didn't mean anyone on HERE said it sounded bad. On the tab site where I got this from in the comments section several people said this verison was better sounding.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I played it the way your post had it written out, and then I played it the same but using the second string rather than going up the neck and it was easier for me that way. I wish I knew how ot write it out in tab but I dont. Maybe someone else can explain it better... but then again you way sounds great the way it is.

GEoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2