Notifications
Clear all

Heloooo

21 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

Emo (sadly I know what this is) is basically a whiney guy with a thom yorke falsetto for his normal voice screaming lyrics about suicide and depression over heavily distorted power chords. It also permeates into a clothing style that I will try to describe by paraphrasing something that a moderator on the http://www.nancies.org boards said. Im too lazy to look up the actual quote, so this is the best I can do it.

"I was at a democratic convention a few years back and saw these two guys talking who looked..well...gay. They had black clothes, makeup, and hair that covered at least 3/5 of their faces. I began talking to them and they quickly noticed my assumption. They corrected me saying they weren't gay but emo. I nodded sagely and kept talking about politics. Upon learning what emo is, I now understand completely. They were gay."

Umm...emo/screamo (louder emo) bands are like coheed and cambria, new found glory, good charolotte, that type of stuff.

And sorry Ravepants if I offended you. One of my good friends is emo, he'll just never get me to enjoy his music, or vice versa.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I can vouch for the fact that Nick speaks whale....my computer makes funny whistling noises when he's on MSN....

:D :D :D

Vic

Oh...it's an alarm is it.....!!!!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

The best I can describe screamo on the net is: *screaming at the top of my lungs*AEAIAIEIAIAEAEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! WWAHHTTT!!!! AAHHHHHHAHHAHHAAHHHH! II HATE EEVERYTHINGGGGGGG! IM THE BESTTTTTT! :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I highly doubt you offended her, what with "they were gay".

Either way, welcome to the board, enjoy your stay.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I highly doubt you offended her, what with "they were gay".

Either way, welcome to the board, enjoy your stay.

Some people are sensitive about their music. :roll:

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

You think defining the difference between emo and screamo is hard, you should try sorting out the various sub-genres of metal. Lets see, you start with speed metal, then death metal, black metal, black death, doom metal, gothic metal, gothic doom, then you got black folk metal, pagan metal, viking power metal, symphonic power metal, apocalyptic folk.
Oh yes, it gets confusing. I probably left off a dozen or so. (Actually I know I did.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2