Notifications
Clear all

Help With Solo

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mjt1111)
Topic starter  

I am trying to play a solo which goes a little something like this: b meaning bend.

e-11---13b----13b—11------11---------11-------10-----------------8----8------------8---8---
b-------------------------13-------------------10---------8-----11b----------------11b-----------
g--------------------------------------12----------------------------------------------------------10

I am struggling to work out the best starting position for my fingers ( should I have my little finger or ring finger on 13 fret??) and when and to where should I move my fingers when you I change position for the second part of the solo??? Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!!

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I wouldn't change posistions really, I'd change the way you're playing the solo

The first 8 on B can be played at the 12th fret on G
The 8's on E can be played at the 12th fret of B

You're ring finger should be fretting the 13th fret of E to start, you play the 12th fret of G with your middle figner

In the order that you wrote the notes, these are the fingers I'd use
1st -3rd-3rd-1st-3rd-1st-2nd-2nd-1st-2nd-3rd-2nd-3rd-3rd-2nd-3rd-3rd-1st

I hope that helps, kind of complicated, but it's all in order, take a minute and try to figure it out with that...It's kind of a strange solo, what song is it from?

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@mjt1111)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply I will give your method a try. Its part of the solo from the strokes "last nite"

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I like Taso's suggestion. Short of that I would start at the 11th pos and shift to the 8th pos. I would bend 13 with my ring finger.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote