Clear all

Hi all

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cjdave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

It's been a long time. I got discouraged and put it up for about a year. I'm now 50 and still don't know how to play. I can play cords like G C D E A but I just can't seem to get strumming right. I need lots of help I have know rhythm that's what my wife says anyway. I just can't seem to get a strumming pattern going with a cord change. any help would be great to get me started again. Thanks David

(@davidhodge)

Hi David

And welcome back! Have you tried listening to our Guitar Noise Podcasts? They are a series of 20 or so lessons (each about 30 minutes long) about strumming and different strumming techniques. Here is the link to the first one:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/podcasts/podcast-1-basics-of-strumming/

I hope this helps. Feel free to email me directly ([email protected]) if you have any questions. Or post here on this thread!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@cjdave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks so much, I know this is going to be a great help to me thank you. I will keep you posted on my progress. If it's ok I will continue to pick your brain. Thanks David

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Hi David, I hear you - I'm 50 as well and am also coming back to guitar after letting it sit for several years. I have trouble fretting and strumming well at the same time, and if I try to sing too - well, then it REALLY gets messed up! :D But it's getting a little better each day. I'm trying to be patient and recognize my progress even if it's only something little.

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote
(@cjdave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Good to here from you. I myself would like to learn to sing as well. My oldest boy 14 plays the clarinet. My middle boy 11 plays the clarinet. And my youngest 9 plays the trumpet. My wife is a very accomplished singer. And that leaves me 50 trying to learn the guitar and sing. Well that's probably more than you wanted to know. But it was good to here I from you. Anything I can help you with feel free to ask. Thanks David

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Wow, musical family! That's awesome.

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote