Notifications
Clear all

How long did it all take to Click????

39 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This is where we should point out that John Frusciante quit playing guitar for 5 years and came back and sold more than 10 million albums.

You two are more than helpful, thanks!

Didnt he record two solo albums in that perid?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

he did. they're great but no one bought them. I have them, though.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yup, same as with Syd Barrett, people only know the stuff he did with Pink Floyd. John's solo work, espescially the earlier ones, are not very accessible but they're great nevertheless.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

we must be cooler than average, arjen!!!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

he did. they're great but no one bought them. I have them, though.

If you bought them, then SOMEONE obviously did buy them!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tomkat217)

I agree with everyone here, I also think you can "click" with each chord you nail down. I remember,and I'm sure a few others as well, finally getting the "F" chord! It was something small,but now I was able to learn songs with the F chord. you have to crawl before you can walk, and you have to walk before you can run!!

Enjoy the ride!!

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My Guitar teacher has given me a song going from a g to a f, i can see that it is going to take some practice.. :x

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Try this one Chuck
The chords to Freebird are not hard and sound really nice.
something like this

G, G
D, D
Em, Em, pause, Em, pick open strings high e, b, g
Em
F, F
C, C
D, D, Dsus (hold the D chord but drop your pinky where it is (on third fret of e string))
D
repeat

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dannz)
Eminent Member

I've been playing guitar for about a month (I played bass for about 4-5 months) and I can play chord to chord smoothly (2-3 hours of practise per day). I think when your in that focus where you want to learn you will learn something, and it feels good knowing you've just broke another barrier. I dont consider myself talented, but I can set my mind to something and make proper progress.

So for me, a month in and I'm playing as good/better than friends with about a years experience. I think it depends on the person and their drive.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3