Clear all

How to record?

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Nice set up there.... yours?

No, it's a pic of what I want my mess to look like.

Mine is about the same amount of stuff, but the keyboards are pilled up on each other 'cause I don't have a stand. The effects loop runs all over the floor 'cause I don't have a rack, I have 3 monitors instead of 2, but one of them is a CRT .. which means less desk space for other stuff .. my keyboard when not being held in my lap is usually laying ontop of the CRT, and my compter case cover has gone completely missing.

Oh, and there are cords laying on top of everything, and some of them are even plugged in .. somewhere ...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Oh, and there are cords laying on top of everything, and some of them are even plugged in .. somewhere ...
LOL!!! :lol: I can relate....... When I go to get up from my computer......my chair feels like it runs over 50 speed bumps. Minus the keyboard cables, haven't added one of those to my ever growing collection yet. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Once you start getting into mic'ing things, needs really go up.

You need pre-amps, mic stands, mics, and a mixing board at a minimum to do it right.

None of that stuff is all that expensive by itself, but it can add up fast.

If you go that route, you might as well pick up some decent software so you can use the various plugins that are out there (things like adaptive drum machines are really cool!)

Of course, now you'll want a MIDI controller, flat monitors, and pretty soon you'll need a room for it ...

Boy! Sorry I asked! No, actually, I kind of expected that sort of answer.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi there I have found the a few cheap ways of doing this

option 1 / PLug mike into VCR and press record and then play

option 2 / digital camera with video recording on it ( works for me )

option 3 / Video camera tape your self

option 4 / mike to computor /soft ware

all of these only need a cord / mike

yes I know the quality may not be the same as you would get if you spent thousands on recording gear but you did say CHEAP

cheers
L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2