Notifications
Clear all

i have a question regarding a begginer's guide to guitarplay

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@imadeit)
Topic starter  

I love all types of music, expecially rock and roll. I have tried to learn to play the guitar in the past by taking lessons and so forth and it didn't work. I have a learning disability, mainly comprehension and memory. I was wondering is anyone could help me out in finding a better solution to learning the electric guitar? Something other than the tabs and cords. If anyone knows please let me know asap, thanks alot, Shawn.

(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Maybe a dvd with lessons?`

Keith Wyatt has a great one called "Getting started on acoustic guitar" which is great. Good luck!

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

From reading your post it is obvious you can learn as you seem to be very literate. it just may take a bit longer.
I would concentrate on basic chords for starters.
You don't have to memorise the chords, just get used to playing them.
You can use a chord sheet to remind yourself how to finger each one when you need them for a song.
You don't really need to know theory to play music.
Eventually you will start to remember certain chords and even whole songs.
Same thing with individual notes. Keep a copy of a fretboard map handy to remind you where the notes are.
I think that you will do just fine if you use tools like these to make up for memory gaps until you do absorb the info (which I am sure will happen if you stick to it)

ReplyQuote