17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

Is this a good choice for a beginner like me? Silvertone Guitar Pack

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Well, a lot of people here will tell you to avoid starter packs. Most of the time they don't have very good amps, ect. You'ed be better off to buy things separate. That way you can make a better choice of the equipment you want, not just what's stuck in the pack.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

Well, my budget is very limited so i don't think i can do that. Unless you can give me some advice on some good cheap beginner guitars. Also, if anyone's good at buying on ebay, plz tell me which guitar, amp, accessories to get.

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

I'm thinking about getting everything separate and the electric guitar that i might get is the Squier Bullet. What is the difference between the Squier Bullet and the Squier Bullet Special?

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

What would be better?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU0280800506
or
Buy everything separate: Squier Bullet, Behringer Amp, Tuner, Cable, ETc.

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member

i have a silvertone starter pack guitar. not that exact one, but similer, (mine cost like $200) i've had it since april of this year. i like it. i think it is a very good choice for a beginner. i rember when i got it i had no idea what i was doing, what kind of guitar i wanted or what kind of amp. the good thing about these starter packs is that they are cheap, so as you play more and find out that you like playing guitar, you'll have a better idea of what you want out of a guitar, or an amp. i recently got a new amp, after having the amp in the guitar pack for a while i new more about what kind of amp i wanted, like how many watts i wanted, stuff like that. and i know back when i started i would have had no idea. i still use the same guitar that came with the pack, it works well. i still use the tuner that came with the pack too, and the strap. thats some pretty useful stuff that comes with the pack, add up the cost of all that, (tuner, strap, strings, picks, cable,) thats got to be atleast $20 -$25 worth of stuff. so i think the starter pack is a great deal. and excelent for a beginer. i think you should get it.

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

Should i just get the Squier SE100 Guitar Pack? Everyone's saying something different so i have no idea what to get! Can everyone just agree on one thing?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU0280800506

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

Andy:
To be honest most guitars in this price range or starter pack are the same generic starts. For a little help check out http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews/ and do a search for whatever guitar your curious about. I actually have a silvertone starter pack on the way, coming this christmas and it seemed to me like a decent starter package. Harmony users gave the S11 decent reviews and I like the fact you can choose a color other than black, you get a real electronic tuner and the amp is a little beefer than most in similar price range. Of course, you will want to upgrade in the future. I havent even recieved my Silvertone yet and Im already eyeing the Ibanez GSA series!!!

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member

i think you should get the guitar pack. it's a great deal. it'll save you money. i know someone who got the squier pack, they like it, they had it like a year now. i have a silvertone pack, i like it. i think you should get a pack. so thats my opinion.

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

so which one? Squier or Silvertone?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Andy, first off, relax, you have far to much energy ;)

Secondly: What kind of music do you like? Budget? Who are your favorite performers?

This will help us to make a better recomendation on the best course of action for you to take.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

haha, hummmmmmmm~~~, *yoga* lol.
well, my fav type of music to play and listen to is something like Stairway to Heaven, Sweet child of mine, guns n roses, jimi hendrix, you know what i'm talking about.
My budget is around 150 dollars but i can earn the extra cash if really had to. So my max budget is around 190ish.
Hope this helps you to help me! :P

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member

you have to decide. but i think one of the packs would be a good choice.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Either one, I don't think theres much of a difference between those two packs. Either one is fine to learn on.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@andy0318)
Topic starter  

which one would be worth the money?
which guitar is better to use when i become better?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2