Clear all

I think i bought the wrong guitar...

17 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I've never tried lighter than 12's on my accoustic. I figured that if D'Adarrio called 12's light, I'd better buck up and stop being a wuss. :lol:

LOL

The store I shop at always suggested 11s and said that anything higher might be too strong for my acoustics.. maybe mine are too CHEAP? hehe

The pain is going to be painful no matter what you buy. Its all a part of it. It will hurt for a while but it really is worth it later on. Playing guitar is a long term thing. Lots of barriers and challenges, but for those that continue to play it is a great experience.

Best of luck to you and dont worry about how many posts or topics you start... there's no limit. LOL

JIm

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

I've never tried lighter than 12's on my accoustic. I figured that if D'Adarrio called 12's light, I'd better buck up and stop being a wuss. :lol:

LOL

The store I shop at always suggested 11s and said that anything higher might be too strong for my acoustics.. maybe mine are too CHEAP? hehe

The pain is going to be painful no matter what you buy. Its all a part of it. It will hurt for a while but it really is worth it later on. Playing guitar is a long term thing. Lots of barriers and challenges, but for those that continue to play it is a great experience.

Best of luck to you and dont worry about how many posts or topics you start... there's no limit. LOL

JIm
8) when I started playing a life long friend mentioned she once played guitar but quit and got her father to do piano lessons instead. She had a classical, loose, light strings.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2