Notifications
Clear all

Im learning things faster and faster

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

In 3 months, I barely knew how to hold the guitar...

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

And you still don't - I have heard you have flipped it the wrong way! :lol:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, time for an update!

Playing since March 08, and now its November, so thats 9 months. I play anywhere from 15-30 mins to 3 hours per day.

My favourites thus far:

Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? A hauntingly simple song!
Pink Floyd - Mother. The song is simple, the rythmn is not! The Solo is a nice break and an easy one to learn.
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. I like to play this one up until the second solo. I haven't made the effort to learn that yet.
Spanish Romance - a simple fingerpicked song.

GnR - Sweet Child O Mine

I got the backing track from Guitar Hero 2, then transposed it up one semitone so I didnt have to retune. I only just went back to learning this song after a few months hiatus, and Wow, the improvement in my finger accuracy is visible and my string bending is coming on nicely. I told my friend I'd play this from start to finish in 1 year, so I thought I should hurry up and learn the end!

I can play it all, at full speed (I cant stay in time at 75% speed!), up until the extremely fast section (can play that super slow too lol). I've only just played the last solo, so I'm pretty pleased with how good I can make it sound given the ridiculous amount of bending required. My fingers were raw last night after an hour or so of it. After the ridiculously fast sections, the other techniques I have down so it shouldn't be too long. I only said I had to play it start to finish, not as good as Slash! hehe.

Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes

My barre chords are coming along nicely, and I can jump from E shape to Am shape barres easily, and keep the shape intact while I move up or down the fretboard. My wrist must be getting some more stamina, and my technique a little lighter, because now I can play an all barre chord song without causing much straining.

I'm learning Silent Night from JustinGuitar.com, so I can have an excuse for carrying my guitar at Christmas :D Next I'll learn Rudolph, then I can park my festivities to give me time to play with my toys :)

I'm getting a Boss Micro-Studio thing in a couple of weeks. Then I'll finally be able to put some audio into Hear-Hear and let you guys hear my new guitar and my leet skillz lol. I love my Ibanez Iceman, the way I can feel the vibrations from notes in my chest as I play accoustically is awesome. When its plugged in its incredible.

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

3 Days til I get my Boss Micro Studio! Then I can finally get some comments and criticisms. :D

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hear Here!
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42640

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2