Clear all

It's About Time

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This post is more for the younger players out there. By younger, I mean the teens and 20 somethings. It's somewhat of a philosophical post, so skip if you're not into this kind of thing. I'm sitting here frustrated with my current lack of skill and ability on the guitar. I look back to the day I first picked up the guitar and thought, "hey, I can do this". That was 30 years ago. Like many others on this forum, I was 15 years old when I first started. I learned two or three chords and the put the guitar down.

Life and time caught up with me and when I finally decided to pick up the guitar again, I needed to start all over. Let me say it this way...YESTERDAY, when I was 15 years old, I thought that I'd have plenty of time to catch up and learn how to play. TODAY, I'm 45 and I can't believe that I'm just starting out. Yes, it DID go that quick.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing. I love learning how to play. Playing the guitar has become a huge part of my life. I wish I could go back and kick myself for quitting. So I guess this is a reminder to those of you who are just starting out and still have your youth. DO NOT STOP PLAYING!!! Tomorrow will come very quickly and you will not have the free time you have now.

For what its worth...

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.