Clear all

Johnson Stratocaster

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@deadat27)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This was my first guitar I bought about 15 months ago. I've been playing it for nearly 6 months.

Does anybody else in here have one? I've read reviews for it and those who know guitars said it is the best strat you can get for under 200 bucks.

I was just wondering if anybody else in here has had one if they could tell me how good an instrument it is for learning to play guitar well or should I spend 300 bucks for a Fender Strat if it does indeed offer much better noticeable quality than my JS.

(@boudreau)
Eminent Member

Not sure what to tell you about your strat but if you like it and play it then it is doing what it is supposed to. You may want to have a shop set it up for you and maybe check the action height. That did wonders for my Squier strat!!

Does it hold a tune while you play? if so then I think everything else could be delt with modestly to have it play better.

Denis

ReplyQuote
(@deadat27)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It carrys on a tune as far as I can tell, I've never had anyone who actually knows what their doing play it but the guitar shop where I bought it has tuned it for me twice already and restrung it.

ReplyQuote
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

on your first guitar, it seems like its great.. and then you try another.. and you realise youve been wrong for so long..

i thought my squier was the best, it felt right (but i had nothing to compare it to)

then i got my ibanez... looking back i cant understand why i liked my squier at all.

ReplyQuote