Clear all

Keep your hand moving?

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hello mate

please don't think that the next one is a silly advice because it is not! one of the best thing you can do to develop a good rhythm is to learn how to tap your foot with the beat. It is not difficult and with just a few days of exercises you'll get an invaluable tool to start feel the music. So get a metronome and set it to 80 bpm and just tap your foot each time you hear a click: remember your foot must touch the floor in the same exact moment when the metronome cliks. Do this exercise at least 10 minutes a day for an entire week and you should be allright. Of course you can speed up the metronome if you feel that 80 is too easy. Then start to tap your foot with the beat each time you listen to a song (if you're drive your car you can tap your hand on the wheel)

Let me know

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@melander)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am getting the message how important it is to practice with a metronome. I'd tried it a couple of times with an online metronome, but found that I was drowning it out and it was tough for me to hear if I was 'right on' the click. Well, last night I found a little 15w amp at the local pawn shop that has drumbeat effects built in, so I bought it. I played with it quite a bit last night, and I feel like it's making a real difference. It's easier for me to play along with something that sounds music-like - and I can set the drum style and the bpm.

It's quite nice, it models a bunch of different amp sounds and includes a chromatic tuner. Thanks for the help!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2