Clear all

Learning software

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@phatfingers)
Topic starter  

Hi all!

I've recently read an article on this site about a 40-something guy who learned guitar via internet. In this article he mentioned the learning cd from Guitar concepts and I'm thinking about giving it a try. But before I do I would like to know if anyone has had experienc with this product and can attest to its quality compared to other software packages. I also looked at jamorama's site this one is more expensive does that translate into better? What should one look for in such procducts as they all claim to be the best?

(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

i've heard good things about jamorama, and thought about getting it, if you get it let us know how you like it, and i"ll blow these 30$ an hr. lessons off.

ReplyQuote
(@miketheblues)
Eminent Member

Hi, I have recently been using electric guitar coach from charanga.

I have found it to be of invaluable help so far, it starts with the very basics ie: knowing the parts of your guitar and gradually works you up through a series of lessons from chords to rythm and solo playing.

All the lessons start easy and gratuate upwards to the more complex stuff, most of the lessons have a video or series of video's which are clear and easy to understand with slow motion available if needed.

At the end of each lesson you can practice with a backing track with or without the guitar being played on the track.

In summary if anybody here is looking for a software based learning aid, i'm sure that there may be something on here for you, they also do an acoustic, classical and keyboard series.

http://www.myspace.com/planetry visit me please

ReplyQuote