learning the Blues

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@flintstone)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,
I have decided to learn to play some blues but I dont know where to go from the GN website! I am an intermediate player (?) looking for books or websites that have more on blues. I love the lessons here at GN so I guess i am looking for a site called Blue Noise :D
thanks

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

Olav Torvund's site is one of the best. Heaps of stuff there.

Olav's Blues Lessons

It seems pretty popular among many of the posters here. He has lots of book lists, lessons, backing tracks, interesting articles, and so on. Well worth having a wander round the site before you get stuck into particular Blues lessons.

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

There's a forum at http://bigroadblues.com/ that's pretty much completely occupied by blues players, some of them very experienced professional players. I've learned a lot from them. There are also some basic slide lessons on that site.

Kay-Uwe Graw has some good tabs on his site, if you're into that sort of thing: http://www.slidingzone.de/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I just posted this in the Unbashed Site forum...

Slowhand Blues Guitar: Eric Clapton Guitar Styles.

Plus I also use Olav's site that Chris mentioned.

ReplyQuote
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member

I have started learning some blues guitar. I came across a lesson by David Hamburger in Acoustic Guitar on monotonic bass lines. I worked through it and found his method and approach easy to follow. I actually ended up playing the full excercise he wrote and it sounded kind of good.

So I picked up his book Beginning Blues Guitar. I'm enjoying it quite a bit and making some progress. He stresses, of course, that he can provide the tools and building blocks for playing the blues, but the sound has to come from within.

So, there's something else to consider.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

Of course if you want the quick method, get on down to the crossroads and sell your soul.
:D

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote