Notifications
Clear all

left handed

24 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I am glad I play right just for the simple fact that I don't have to pay an extra $100 or more for a guitar just because it's for leftys.

When I bought my lefty Tacoma it was $300 more than the righthanded version. But today most of the big name companies are charging the same or close to it for leftys as they do for righthanded versions. At one time the companies had to change all their jigs and other devises to make a lefty. That's no longer the case with most of the large companies. Their cranking out leftys all the time. Paying extra for a lefty didn't bother me, I looked at it as a life time investment. I just hope I have a lefthanded grandchild or great grandchild to leave Buttercup to.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@homeward_bound)
Topic starter  

thanks guyz for ur replies.

well now to sum up the problem.

i have contacted a guy to teach me to
how to play guitar who plays in a local band.

but the prob. is that i cannot continue that bcoz my exams
ar coming.......so i cannot practice properly if i join him.

also i dunno how to restring the guitar for left handed play.
so is there someway out so that i can learn to play
with my right handed guitar.
e.g. from net(GN)
after the exam in june i will join him.

bail me out guyz,

i wish i was homeward bound

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

We have members from 150 different countries, so we post in the best English we can to make reading easier.

To restring to lefty, assuming the saddle is straight across and not angled, just reverse the order of the strings and reverse the saddle. Your mileage may vary of course.

Thanks,

Nick

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Hi,

We have members from 150 different countries, so we post in the best English we can to make reading easier.

To restring to lefty, assuming the saddle is straight across and not angled, just reverse the order of the strings and reverse the saddle. Your mileage may vary of course.

Thanks,

Nick

Isn't he going to need a new nut also? I agree with the english statement, a lot of our members don't speak computerez, me included.

Tim Madsen

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I've never come across a left-handed clarinet, or a left-handed piano.

I was thinking about a lefthanded piano this-morning and that the piano is another instrument that was designed for righthanded people. A lefthanded piano would have the bass keys on the right of middle C and the treble on the left. I've never seen a lefty piano either, but that's what one would look like. Stringed instruments are the only ones I've come across that you can get made for a lefty.

Tim Madsen

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

There is way. It's called SADDLEBOY and it's (NUT and Saddle converted to left-handed) left-handed conversion kit. Restringing the guitar for left handed won't do it. It's only good if it's an acoustic guitar and you'll need to take it to a guitar repair person to change it for you.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I've seen it.

You are right, the nut slots will need to be re-cut.

ReplyQuote
(@drybones)

and if its got a pick guard on it you are going to look silly! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yea ,
I am a lefty too and i am a 4 month beginner.I: got a classical guitar and got the strings reversed.Its no problem on that one.Yea lefty guitars and far few and far expensive and we hav to live with it.( i found only ONE lefty electric on the whole range of yamaha )Well got inspired by Jimi hendrix , paul mcartney , kurt cobain and non other that Mr. David Hodge , i play the guitar and guess what u can too and play it well.Keep on Rocking man. 8)

Rahul

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2