Notifications
Clear all

lefty

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mat125)
Topic starter  

im learning on an acoustic guitar my son has an electric. i want to buy an electic guitar does anyone know if you can get electric guitars with wide necks like my acoustic because its like learning all over again with the thin neck of my sons guitar. Sorry if im babbling, i know what im trying to say....

(@alangreen)

We know what you're trying to say. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though, but I've never seen an electric with a wide neck.

The good news is that it does get a lot easier with practice.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@mat125)
Topic starter  

OH NUTS. thanks for that. elocro acoustic?

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

OH NUTS. thanks for that. elocro acoustic?

Well an electro/acoustic or acoustic/electric as its also called is really an acoustic and will play as such. It just has a pickup, preamp, eq or whatever built-in. Go to a guitar store play everything and find what you like.

Eric

ReplyQuote
(@mat125)
Topic starter  

im taking my son for a lesson tomorrow so i will look at them all. dont know about trying em out though cause i aint that good and i dont want to look like an idiot. (MIND YOU I CAN PLAY WONDERWALL BY OASIS) so i can do that cheers

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

im taking my son for a lesson tomorrow so i will look at them all. dont know about trying em out though cause i aint that good and i dont want to look like an idiot. (MIND YOU I CAN PLAY WONDERWALL BY OASIS) so i can do that cheers

Hi Mat. Forget about what other people will think. If you don't want to play loud, don't plug it in. At least you'll get the feel of it in your hands and that's what you're basically looking for. I'm not saying tone isn't important but if you're buying an entry level electric you need it to feel right IMHO.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

In addition to what Denny says, many music stores have private lesson rooms, The store where I have bought the majority of my axes has lesson rooms. If I want to try out guitars, I make sure it is not lesson hours and always ask if I can try out the guitar in a lesson room. This solves a couple of important problems for me:
1. I don't have to worry about entertaining anyone.
2. I can concentrate on why I am there.
3. I don't have to compete with the neophite shredder who is there to entertain.
4. I can take my time and assess the guitar and how it feels to me, ie. fret buzzing, playability etc.
Do not be afraid to ask for this concession-you are the guy with the $, they are the ones trying to sell.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@mat125)
Topic starter  

i hadnt thought of that, and yes there is always someone there who thinks he is slash from guns n roses. we all gotta start somewhere eh.
thanks alot.

ReplyQuote