Notifications
Clear all

Lessons?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@idontknow)
Topic starter  

Iv been playing acoustic around 4 months now and am learning things myself slowly iv worked through some of the lessons on the site here, house of the rising sun, bookends, if not for you and some others that i can play fine other I either cant get to grips with or just dont sound right i.e for what its worth, before you acuse me both soun very empty when i play them but i think thats just because they are very basic versions?

Anyway iv been playing in front of people latley and they ask do you take lessons? to which I'l reply no and then they say well you should.......... hm thanks

I was wondering what people think of taking lessons, has it helped of been a waste of money? How often should you take them and what should you expect to pay in the UK? Are they just for kids?

What put me of lessons is that they seem so formal when I'm just doing iit for a bit of fun.. although i would like to improve faster.

Any comments appreciated

cheers

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I think pretty much everyone will tell you it's ALWAYS a good thing to take lessons, there really is no negative to it other than it costs money and sometimes that can be a tough for some people with that said not all teachers are equal so it may take 2-3 before you find the one that's right for you.

It will definitely make the journey easier. I would make of list of what your goals and asprirations are and then go find some teachers and discuss with them.

It may take a month or so with a teacher to really know if they are the right one for you. Tha's my short answer there may be more to it than that but I think that will get you going.

Good luck.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Lessons are a plus, especially if you and the teacher are on the same wavelength.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I started with lessons. then 42 years later of palying..sometimes I think it might be fun to get a lesson or two again.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote