Clear all

Machine Heads

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Will these fit onto an Epi Les Paul standard?

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm also looking to upgrade all the hardware on my epi to gold too if anyone spies anyone knows any good websites for people in the uk with bit that will fit on :>

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If you're looking at it as an "upgrade," remember that the gold plating on guitar hardware is extremely thin. Looks pretty new, but after a few months of normal playing it'll be wearing through and showing the silvery metal beneath the plating. Nickel plating ages far better.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

on tuners. especially after market tuners, the tuning shaft has two sizes. this is important to discern.
a set of tuners I have for a project looks similar to what is shown, except that the shaft is narrower. thus the hole for the bushing, that the tuner slides thru, would be too large for the tuners I have.
another set, is like those pictured. there is a wide part of the shaft and athe narrow section( where the string winds). the wider shafts can fit our guitars. but be sure to look first.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Not really an upgrade i just think it will make my guitar sexier :P

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

They look about right but as mentioned above, make sure the shaft diameter matches the hole in your head stock. Does your Epi Les Paul Standard have Kluson style (backs like the ones in the pic) or sealed die cast tuners on it now?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

They look about right but as mentioned above, make sure the shaft diameter matches the hole in your head stock. Does your Epi Les Paul Standard have Kluson style (backs like the ones in the pic) or sealed die cast tuners on it now?

Yeah they look liek the back fo the ones in the picture but have some horrid pale green olive coloured spinny things.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Yeah they look liek the back fo the ones in the picture but have some horrid pale green olive coloured spinny things.

yikes!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

They are referred to as Green Key Tuners. Gibson seems to like them. I got them on both of my Gibson Les Pauls and my Epiphone SG. I don't mind them though.

Oh, and if you replace them make sure you measure for the correct diameter shaft for the holes in your guitar. I don't know if its a rule or anything, but I find the ones with the push in ferrules tend to be the ones with the smaller diameter holes and the larger ones have a ferrule that has threads and a nut and washer on top. They screw onto the back piece. I think thats why the hole needs to be larger, to accomodate the threads.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote