Clear all

*?* Metronome? Practice time?

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

what is a mentronem? and as a beginer (who is teaching herself) how long should I practice daily?

:?: :shock: 8)

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

a metronome, helps you keep time via beats per minute, its really good for practicing scales, chord changes , go to metronomeonline.com

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

A metronome is just a device that keeps time. You can set it for different BPM (beats per minute).

A metronome helps you develop good timing which is one of the most important (probably the most important) skills when playing music.

You might practice a new scale. You would turn the metronome to a slow speed (maybe 60 BPM) and practice playing one note at a time on the beat. Once you get good at that you can speed it up to maybe 70 BPM and just keep going. So you not only get a sense of time, but it can help you build speed as well.

As far as practice all I can say is the more you practice the better you will get. If you practice 3 hours per day you will become a good player much quicker than someone who practices 10 minutes per day.

I dunno. Nobody had to ever make me practice. I love it. I will practice all day long if I can. I was like that at the beginning, and I'm like that now.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@cubone)
Trusted Member

If you practice with a metronome, rember to set it att a speed that you can handle. Its better to play slow and accurate than fast and sloppy. Speed will develope with time.

English is not my first language so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you all for replying, anybody know what the cost of one is?

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Mine was 30 bucks.

Some others might be cheaper.
:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Thank you all for replying, anybody know what the cost of one is?

This one is US$24:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002E2O2Q/sr=1-1/qid=1119373460/ref=sr_1_1/103-1555066-2607853?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=11965861&s=musical-instruments&v=glance

and it has different rhythm patterns as well as the single click sound. Personally I like it better than a standard metronome.

P.S. You can find it on ebay for even less $.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi and welcome

well the cost will vary I just bought a Boss digital Metronome / Tuner in the land of Aus ( Australia ) it cost me $50.00 but you can purchase cheaper ones . If I was you I would buy a Metronome / Tuner that way you can tune your guitar as well keep time .

cheers
L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

oh forgot you can get them free off the webb as well but can not remember the site :oops:

L.k :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Here you go. I just expanded on slejhammer's search.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/ref=br_ss_hs/102-9762224-3632139?platform=gurupa&url=node%3D11965861&keywords=metronomes&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

The one I have is the Zipbeat-6000 by Sabine. It's $10 cheaper on Amazon.

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote