Skip to content
Multi-Effects Pedal...

Notifications
Clear all

Multi-Effects Pedal, or Multiple Effects Pedals?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@andrew-b)
Topic starter  

Hello! Well, after having just received a gift certificate to my local guitar shop for Christmas, I think it's time for me to invest in some guitar effects pedals, but the problem is that I'm not sure what I should get. I was looking at the Line 6 Floor POD (this one's my favorite so far), the Digitech RP250 and the Zoom G2.1U for multi-effects, but while reading up on it I noticed that some people prefer to purchase separate effects pedals for each effect - so I was wondering, what are the pros and cons of each, and what's the best route to go for someone in my position?

I'm a beginner-going-on-intermediate guitarist. I'd like something I can play live, which is why I'm a bit more drawn to the multi-effects route for the capability to preset sounds, volumes, etc. and just switch channels with the press of a button; but on the other hand, buying separate for better quality and upgrading as I go is pretty tempting (though I'm worried this would cost more than I'm willing to invest in the long-run - I don't foresee playing being much more than just a hobby). So how do the costs of each compare? And if anyone has any recommendations, I'd be happy to hear them!

Well, I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts, and thanks for any replies in advance! (Though, I could just put the gift certificate away toward buying myself a really decent guitar, though I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to know what I'd want... all I have at the moment is a cheap eBay beginner's guitar! :? )

Andrew