Clear all

My finger tips...

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 fraz
(@fraz)
Trusted Member

It means you're doing good. Keep going on with it as long as it doesn't hurt too much. And yes, try to get your pinky to work out a bit, it'll turn out to be very helpful. If you're up for it, try some hammer-ons/pull-offs, they'll help strengthen your fingers. I don't know when you started, so you might want to leave that for a bit later, just some advice in advance :wink: .

And yes, you definitely want to avoid never ending showers now... :P

Sorry to crash in on this thread but as I am a newbie guitarist can you please explain what this is your're talking about to strengthen your fingers?

ReplyQuote
 fraz
(@fraz)
Trusted Member

Also beware of prolonged dishwashing. It's Platex Living Gloves for you from now on. Soaking your hands in hot water will soften up your calluses.

I had a shower today... :) I really needed it...lol...joke!...yeah sure the fingers soften up but only temporarliy.

ReplyQuote
 fraz
(@fraz)
Trusted Member

over time these pads will develop deeper and deeper and it will become less of a problem....but you MUST play everyday to keep them in shape

Yes, I made this mistake which hopefully doesn't happen again. For a newbie the skin has toughened quite nicely but now I have 10's for my strings does this mean an end to the pads calluses?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2