Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Audacity Audacity Audacity 8)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

hey onewing. thanks I found it.

so I ended up at dmusic. gave your playing a listen. I like the attitude in Bullet. has a mideastern feel in there. also it shows alot of chance taking. that's awesome. your picking feels more confident there.
the nirvana tune needs work. too much tentativeness on your picking.

Im hearing some trouble spots with your fingering...it's those unintentional mutes. but since you are so new I can easily overlook that; it's important , for me, to hear your feeling. it comes across well.

Mideastern feel? Chance taking Tentativeness? What do you mean?

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ok. the mideastern thing....you did a one sring thing. half notes etc.. it sounded eastern....maybe Zanzibar ala Jimmy Page. roughy so, any time I hear a one string run it falls into that catagory.

with the Nirvana tne your picking was tentative...meaning that it sounded like you werent sure of where to land the pick.

wih Bullet, your playing felt better. more gutsy...thus taking a chance or better stretching your abilities. I heard more confidence.

here is something I worked up. you'll recognize it. also it is a nice little exercise and finger training deal.

using only the two low strings E and A. let's see if I can tab this out.

5 0 0 2 2

6 0 1 2 2 2 1 0 0

I M M M I R R

5 and 6 ae your strings. the numbers are the frets.

I is index finger
M is middle finger
R is ring finger

starting with the E string hit it open then first fret index finger,]
second fret middle finger hit the open A string
then back to the second fret, first fret and open string
go back up the same way only this time use your ring finger to hit the second fret on the A string.

that sound sound familiar. it is a good exercise for your finger placements. that'l come in handy down the line.

let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2