Clear all

Need help with strum pattern cant seem to get it right

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wmwise)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Howdy! I have been working on Sing Me Back Home by Merle Haggard. Its an east song with just g, d and c cords. But I just cant seem to find the right strum pattern to make it sound right. Have been trying to play along with the CD, but just cant get it right.

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me alittle help with it. I am just starting out and have the cords down, but just cant seem to hear the strum pattern over the lead guitar on the CD.

Thanks in advance
Bill

De Oppresso Liber

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Chances are you've got it right but you can't tell because of that dang rhythm guitar. Id try some arpeggios to simulate the lead guitar to see if that sounds better to you.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a video of Merle and Johnny Cash playing the song. Might help a little, no lead guitar. Plus, you can see them in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2HPCyo4OXc&search=sing%20me%20back%20home

It's gettin' late or I would figure out the strum, maybe someone else can help with that.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wmwise)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

THANKS!!!! Wes........ that really helped!

Thanks
Bill

De Oppresso Liber

ReplyQuote