Clear all

New Guitar

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

:D Well, after months of deliberating on how I'm gonna get my Simon & Patrick Spruce 6 'amped' up - I've finally gone out and bought a Simon & Patrick Spruce 6 BB3 - exactly same guitar, but with electronics!! Oh My God - it sounds wonderful!!! I knew it would. I'm gonna starve all Christmas (no Turkey for me!) now I've laid out my hard earned cash for it, but I'm not bothered - it's everything I've ever wanted!

My question: How do you load up a sample on here so I can let you guys hear it??? I'd love to share the sound with you, and would value your opinions on it (be kind, though honest!).

Any help would be appreciated...oh, and one more thing....I'M IN LOVE!!! (with my guitar, of course!!) :D

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member

Happy to hear your happy about your guitar. Do you feel that when playing the acoustic-electric not plugged in it makes the same sound as the regular acoustic, or do you feel some how that they make different sounds......this answer could help me tremendously when i'm picking up my new guitar this week.........thanks.......

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I have to say, I've got two identical guitars, albeit one has electronics, but yes, they sound exactly the same. If I really had to nit-pick, I'd say my non-electro one is a shade bit warmer, but it's older and played in. My electro/acoustic is brand new, so is a little bit brighter, but there's nothing in it. I think six months down the line when it's bedded in a bit there won't be any difference at all. Also, I've took it down my local Open Mic and 'road-tested' it, and it literally comes alive when plugged in!! Well impressed with it! I too was worried that I wouldn't get that 'acoustic' sound once plugged in, but have no fear, mine sounds clean and crisp and very very acoustic - but louder! 10/10 - I can't fault it!

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member

Thank you very much for the timely reply......i think i'm gonna go check some out right now....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Register for a site to download your music:

SoundClick

DMusic

If you need an app. to record:

Audacity

All are free.

You can use something as simple as a cheap pc mic to record.

Congrats on the new guitar. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Dan T: Thankyou for the links, I've already got audacity, but will try the other one.

ReplyQuote