Clear all

New Guitar bummer

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I had a bad guitar experience last night. I got a call from Guitar Center that my guitar was in so I went to pick it up and when i took it out of the box it had a HUGE crack running from the bridge right down the middle of the guitar. It looked like the finish just cracked in shipping. Anyway, I asked them to get me another one but I was thinking about it last night and they had a black mex strat with a maple neck and I'm thinking I'll take a drive there this afternoon and pick up that one instead.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

(@homchz)
Eminent Member

That's a bummer. I wonder if the cold weather had anything to do with it. It can be hell on woo and finishes if there are drastic temp changes.

Best of luck on the other axe.

Josh

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thats definately a let down buddy. I hope that it works out for you one way or the other. Good luck and keep us posted.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

it worked out. i remembered they had a black strat with a maple neck so I went back today and got that one instead. Sounds a million times better that that squier.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

alright, good choice, play long and prosper

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote