New guy with a new ...

Notifications
Clear all

New guy with a new guitar

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)

When you come to change the strings, if you're careful & don't wipe things off, you'll probably find there's a minute, faint outline of the bridge in sweat and dust on the finish, that you can use to reposition it accurately. And by the way, remember to put it back the right way round :wink: the heads of the adjusting screws for the saddles face the tailpiece, not the neck! (I've made that mistake myself before today :oops: and had to loosen everything off & turn 'er round 180!)

Another thing you can do when changing strings is to put a small piece of scotch tape ont the body exactly where the bridge is. Obviously do this before you start changing the strings. I don't own an Artcore but I have an Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II and have to go through the same thing with the bridge whenever changing the strings.

I bought Karen (girlfriend and partner) a different model of the Artcore (AG-75 I think) as a Christmas present last year. They are great guitars and usually good bargains price-wise.

Enjoy making music on it!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@imiron)
Topic starter  

They are great guitars and usually good bargains price-wise.

That was the main reason I got an Artcore. :D

Thanks to all for the help everyone. I feel a little more confident adjusting things on my new hollowbody baby. Soon, I'll have to pull out the ol' Westone and yank the crap out of it to get some aggression out. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

[snipped]
And by the way, remember to put it back the right way round :wink: the heads of the adjusting screws for the saddles face the tailpiece, not the neck! (I've made that mistake myself before today :oops: and had to loosen everything off & turn 'er round 180!)

PVTele.. Are you sure about this. Intuitively that's the way I put the saddle back in place but after looking at a few pictures online I noticed that in all of the images the screw heads were facing the neck side. I do think they are pretty much unusable that way since a straight screwdriver will not clear the pickup but that's the way it seems to be. Any thoughts? Was your intonation off when you put the strings on?

oktay

Here are a few high res images:
(this one still has the tissue in place so it should be the factory config)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

The second image or the red guitar seemed to have them facing both directions. :?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@imiron)
Topic starter  

Intuitively that's the way I put the saddle back in place but after looking at a few pictures online I noticed that in all of the images the screw heads were facing the neck side.

Sure enough, my guitar has the screws facing the neck.

Here's a picture of the same model as mine.

ReplyQuote
(@imiron)
Topic starter  

Maybe it's the norm to face the neck for this type of guitar. Here's another.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2