new strings

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just wanted to see the difference in new strings and wow. I made a video and you can really hear the difference way louder and cleaner
Don't worry about the sucky guitar playing lol

Tim

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

personally, I hate the way new strings sound just after you've put them on - too jangly and poppy, especially when you want bluesy.....

I like them better after a couple of days, when they've lost that initial brightness.....especially on electric....

But like everything else guitar-related, beauty is in the ear of the listener - and if you like the sound, good for you - but are you going to change those strings every couple of days to get that fresh sound?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Putting on new strings is like getting a whole new guitar, isn't it? :D

I believe your bird likes the new strings better, too. Your son, on the other hand, couldn't seem to care less. :twisted:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

i'm with vic....new strings can sound odd to start....maybe the ears get accustomed to the dullness and compensate...but yes its like new guitar...enjoy

dont forget to trim those ends :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Cool!

I'm with Vic too, about 3 days does it for me.

I just did my (ahem) yearly string change on several guitars. It's like having a whole new batch of guitars, and it's wonderful - except for...there's like never a time I don't stick at least one finger with the end of a high E string.

Actually, some of those strings I changed had been on certain guitars for more like three years :oops:

I would change strings when one broke, but my guitars are sorta broken in now, so they don't break strings by themselves - even if I'm really trying to break a string while bending.

Fun stuff though.

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

I changed my strings about a week ago. At first I thought OMG what have I done to my guitar, it sounded that bad and tuning it was a nightmare but over the last few days the strings have settled in. But that bright sound is great. I also enjoy the way it mellows down over the next few months.

And, yes! the guitar got it's own back. I stabbed my index finger with the high E string not once but three times right beside the nice hard guitar playing pad it has developed. If the pad had been stabbed I wouldn't have felt a thing.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@the_jinj)
Eminent Member

I recently got the old Washburn F8 acoustic out again - hadn't had new strings for 3 years - they sounded so dull.....instant transformation when they were changed!

BTW that parrots squawk would do my head in lol

ReplyQuote