Clear all

Not a noob... but a noob question.

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So it's pretty much what it says. What in the world is GAS? Saw a couple of threads about it, it stands for something. And I think it's some kind of urge. That's all I know about GAS, someone please fill me in...

(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Gear (Guitar) Acquisition Syndrome

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

a.k.a. that inshakeable need to buy a lot of new shiny guitar-related toys to play with (tintbalonsgrttpw).

but GAS is easier to say and type :P

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Resistance is futile. :wink:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Ooooh, I am full of GAS.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Resistance is futile. :wink:

8)

Very true! Once it gets hold of you, it won't let go until it has been satisfied! Until the next time it strikes! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Simply amazing. Thank you all.

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

GAS is a wretched thing. Everyone is affected by it at one time or another. It is usually harmless, it mostly passes without much trouble or discomfort. Sometimes, you can get through a GAS attack by purchasing some new strings or even a couple picks. However, in it's severe form, it can be devastating! For example, it can put a big strain on your wallet. In more extreme cases, it may even affect your marriage!! But worse than that, it can affect your playing! Some guitarist will sit in front of their computer with their guitar in their lap and a pick in their mouth for hours surfing Musicians Friend looking for something to ease thier GAS pains.

Please, refer to THE MOST BLOATED THREAD ON GUITAR NOISE FORUMS for a detailed examples of GAS!

ReplyQuote