Clear all

Notes

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@chlozo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm just playing the notes on the first string and second string at the moment. I can play them fine but when I see the notes on some paper I havent got a clue which ones which so I dont know which one to play. Whats the best way of remembering what note is what? Thankyou.

Billie-Joe Armstrong is HOT! He's my future husband. Ha ;)

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

repetition is the best way to do it (only way?)
welcome to GN!
8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Learning the names of the notes on your fretboard takes a bit of memory.
Start with the names of the strings and work from there.
The notes on the paper? here are a couple of short cuts.
First there is a note on ever line and every space, the bottom line is E (second fret of the 4th string) and they go alpabetically up as you go up the paper (bottom space just above bottom line=F second from bottom line=G) after G it starts over with A again.
Remember the spaces frome bottom to top spell FACE :D
The lines (starting at the bottom) Every Good Boy Does Fine or at least that is the way I was taught it.

ReplyQuote
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

Those acronyms never worked for me. I just remember where the notes for each of the open strings are, and remember that the lines and spaces all go in thirds. Once you learn more about chords you will be able to think in thirds all day long.

For instance, open A is on the 2nd line below the bottom of the staff, and C (a third up from A) is on the next line, E after that, etc.

Spend some time sight reading some sheet music and you will get it in just a few songs. That's how it worked for me, anyway.

ReplyQuote