Clear all

OK...i've done it.

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I put down money on a Mex Standard strat. sunburst finish with a rosewood neck. Now I better use the damn thing if I get it!!

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Sounds good. Mind tellin' us how much clams you parted w/ for that baby?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the new guitar.

I have a feeling you will use it a lot. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Congrats. I suspect it will be hard to put down.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

he will put it down. when he finds the time :P

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i just got one of those puppies too. i cant put it down...even now it's in my lap.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

it'll come out to $400 and change with the hard case. Sort of embarrasing really.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

it'll come out to $400 and change with the hard case. Sort of embarrasing really.

Thats not embarrasing. Thats a pretty reasonable for a mex strat (w/ hard case) IMO. I would have paid it.

I play a Behringer Strat copy that I got for $400 w/ amp and (crappy) gig bag. But, I highly doubt it sounds as good as a Mex strat (since the body is plywood or basswood or some cheap wood like that). So, you got a deal.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@sparrow-aka-honor-roller)
Trusted Member

Is basswood that bad/cheap? Now i feel embarrased, i paid 1600 canadian for my ibanez 2550 and its basswood.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Well, I guess its not bad per se. But, from what I understand, basswood sure aignt Alder or Ash ect...

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i think my Squier is basswood and it's not so bad. i've got an Agathis Ibanez too. Agathis is nice, i think.

what are the mex strats made of? is it Alder?

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Not quite sure. I know that some of Fenders best guitars are alder though. Its a quality wood for guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i know it's not ash...

i tried to check the fender website, but the specs pages wont load. right now, im thinking its alder.

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wouldn't load for me either. According to Muscian's Friend it's an alder body.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well when you consider that the 52 Broadcasters were made out of plain old everyday pine, and you would have to be a millionaire to buy one now IF you could find one, I wouldn't worry to much about a basswood body

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote