Clear all

Picking

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm a left handed guitarist playing a right handed instrument and so far I'm doing very well, I just seem to be having a problem pickin accuretly...
I am great just using my thumb for solo work or thumb and index to do rythym and chords, but the sound, of course is not the same. Anyone have any ideas or excersises that will get my picking up to speed with my fretting??

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi welcome to the lefties club i had same problem this is no lie trust me when i pick i put on (acrylic nails ) false nails that women wear hey it's a bit sissy but it's the only way i can pick and by the way people i'm 41 and happily married ok no gags about where i sleep or whom it might be

Paul ( from beetles ) does the same

cheers

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@darren)

I am also allegic to plectrums. Here is an excercise: grab a plectrum and sit and pick the strings one at a time: Down down down on low E up up up on low E, the same on the A string, etc... until you know where the strings are without looking at your strumming/picking hand. (This is a lot easier if you're in the habit of strumming with your thumb and index finger pressed together.)

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Same situation as you. Left handed playing right handed. Its a constant struggle to get my picking to where I want it to go. Just keep trying...hopefully it will come for both of us.

-dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote